General Community Outreach
Beaverton School District Clothes Closet
The BSD Clothes Closet is operated by volunteers during the school year, and offers free clothing for students in grades K-12 from families with limited income.
- Volunteers to help organize and sort donations.
- Pants for elementary-aged students in sizes 5 to 12
- Coats for elementary-aged students in sizes 5 to 12
- New underwear and socks for all ages and sizes
- Department store shopping bags with handles.
If you're interested in volunteering, or questions about donations, you can contact the Program Coordinator, Johanna Shrout, by clicking "contact". To learn more about the Clothes Closet, click "learn more".
This organization mobilizes volunteers to do free construction repairs and remodels that benefit under-resourced homeowners and non-profits around the Portland Metro area.
- Tualatin Project: Catalyst has taken on a home project for Ms. Hikade, a low-income, elderly senior who lives alone in her home with a caregiver. The Catalyst team is looking for 10-15 volunteers the first weekend (July 6-7) for repairs (siding and roof), yard work, and pressure washing, then 15-20 the second weekend (July 13-14) for prep and painting the exterior of the home.
If this is something you'd like to help out with, you can connect with Catalyst NW directly by clicking "contact". To find out more about the work they've done and are doing, click "learn more".